Friday, March 11, 2011

Please Donate to Disaster Relief


Photo courtesy of Global Giving

Sometimes the world can seem like a cold, hard place.  Libya is being torn apart by violence and Japan has been devastated by an earthquake and tsunami.  Today seems like a black pit from which we will never emerge.  Are we destined to be tossed from one tragedy to another with no end in sight? 

I honestly don’t know.

What I do know is that we can help by providing financial support to organizations competent, willing and able to deal with the destructive aftermath.  Today, like many days, I wish I had the hard skills to be on the ground rescuing the injured and building houses, but in lieu of those skills, I will give what I can to those who possess the requisite expertise.

The World Food Program is collecting donations to support refugees from Libya and Tunisia fleeing the violence of their home countries.

Global Giving is collecting donations to support relief efforts in Japan.

Please take a moment to donate to one of these organizations or another charity of your choosing.  Alone we are weak but together we can save lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment